Pay – £16,781 pro rata (hourly rate £8.70), NJC Scale 3, point 14
Closing date: Monday, 25th June 2018 Interviews: Tuesday, 3rd July 2018
The Avenue Primary School is looking to appoint several enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistants. The available posts are:
- Permanent contract to work in EYFS, our Resource Base or main school depending on experience. Working hours are 27.5 per week, term time only.
- Permanent contract to work in the nursery. Working hours are 15 hours per week, term time only.
- Four temporary fixed term contracts for one year to work in Key Stage 2. Working hours are 4 x 8.75 hours (1:30 – 3:15 Monday – Friday). These post could be combined with an MDSA post for 5.5 hours per week; pay grade NJC scale B, point 7 (£7.83 per hour).
Required to start as soon as possible
Pay: £7.83 per hour, NJC Scale 1, point 7
Hours of work: 10 per week (Monday to Friday 4:15pm – 6:15pm) in term time
Plus 20 hours during the Easter and summer breaks to carry out deep clean
Closing date: Friday 22nd June
Interviews: w/c Monday, 25th June
As part of the Acorn Education Trust, Avenue Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Discloure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Mid-day Supervisory Assistants (MDSA)
Play Leader or First Aid
Required to start as soon as possible
Pay: £7.83 per hour, Grade B point 7
Hours of work: 5.5 per week (Monday to Friday 12.30 – 1.30pm + 6 minutes per day)
Term time only
Closing date: Monday, 4th June 2018 Interviews: w/beg 11th June 2018
The Avenue Primary School is a happy and caring school where the staff are dedicated to creating a great place for children to thrive and learn. As part of the Acorn Education Trust, it provides exciting opportunities to improve local education.
We are seeking to employ several MDSAs – Play Leader or First Aid - to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all children during the lunchtime break. There may be the opportunity to combine this role with the current vacancy for a TA (named pupil).
Every school leadership team needs to be supported and challenged by an Academy Council of Governors, and, I am writing to you today to encourage you to join one of our teams.
This wonderful group of volunteers meets approximately 4 times a year to discuss standards across the school, safeguarding and ensure the unique identity, ethos and culture of the school is maintained. If you would like to shape and influence your son/daughter’s school, then this is the ideal opportunity. You may prefer to work in a governing body away from family connections and this would also be possible.
Alternatively, you may know a grandparent, a local neighbour or a friend who is looking to be involved in a community group and would be an ideal governor.
Previous educational experience is not required, simply a desire to make a difference to young people. The Acorn Education Trust provides training, support and guidance as needed.
All our schools are listed below and should you wish to learn more or join, please contact our Governance Adviser Zoe Stockley on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01985 224220.
I look forward to hearing from you.
With very best wishes
The Acorn Education Trust
The Acorn Education Trust Schools:
- Avenue Primary School & Children’s Centre
- Clarendon Academy (as of 1st June 2018)
- Dilton Marsh Church of England Primary School
- Great Wishford Church of England Primary School
- Heytesbury Church of England Primary School
- Keevil Church of England Primary School
- Kingdown School
- New Close Community Primary School
- St John’s Church of England Primary School
- West Ashton Church of England Primary School