How to apply for a place at this school

For children due to start school in September 2021, you must apply to Wiltshire Council for a school place for your child by midnight on 15th January 2021. Wiltshire residents should apply online at

Non-Wiltshire residents should apply to their own local authority for a place in this school. This also applies to families planning to move to the area (except service personnel, see below).

In the event of oversubscription, we will apply our Admissions Policy's criteria for determining priority of admission (our Admissions Policy is available to view, below).

Transferring to the Avenue outside of the normal admissions rounds

If you wish your child to transfer to The Avenue Primary School and Children's Centre, you should use the Transfer Application Form from Wiltshire Council and return it directly to Wiltshire Council, even if you live outside the county.

Applications from service personnel moving into Wiltshire

When applying for a school place, children of UK Service personnel (HM forces) or other Crown servants are treated as meeting the residency criteria for a particular area, even if they don’t yet own a house in the county. Until a fixed address is available, the unit address of the military base will be used and a school place allocated accordingly.

Parents are advised to attach proof of their posting to the transfer application form and a letter of support from the commanding officer if the posting note does not indicate the housing arrangements.

If your child will be starting school in September with the normal round of admissions, parents must send proof of their posting to the county.

Children with an Education Health and Care Plan

All admissions for children who have a statement of SEN or an Education Health and Care Plan are managed by the SEND team at Wiltshire Council, who should be contacted directly on 01225 718095.

Arrangements for the admission of pupils with disabilities

Upon notification of a forthcoming admission of a pupil with disabilities, the school will liaise with parents, the child’s current school or nursery and, where appropriate, external agencies to ensure a smooth transition to our school.

In all cases, the school reserves the right to request parents to verify their child’s birth date by producing a birth certificate or other official document.