Mrs Ritson/ Mrs Tennantcr@avenue.wilts.sch.uk
Brazil Class Teacher
- Named wellies to be kept at school
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Waterproof coat with hood or hat
- School reading book in school book bag every day
- Sun lotion and sun hat, once hotter weather arrives
Your child will be learning skills, acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating their understanding through 7 areas of learning and development.
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
We assess progress through observations and interacting with your child. These observations are recorded in learning journeys, which you can add to by providing observations from home. Please speak to the class teacher for further information.
- We will be working on our resolution skills, learning how to sort out minor friendship disputes with more independence.
- We will be describing ourselves in positive terms and recognising things we are good at.
- Thinking about ways we can amend and develop out models and creations.
- We will be developing our sentence writing and applying our phonic knowledge to our writing.
- Attempting to write independent sentences.
- Writing our own short stories.
- Some children will be re-enforcing their Phase 2 Phonic knowledge, others are practising their Phase 3 sounds (these are sent home for extra practice).
- Some children will continue to learn their vowel digraphs e.g. 'ee', 'ai', 'oo' and hear consonant clusters (or blends) e.g. 'tr', 'bl', 'sm'.
- Children will be applying the sounds they have learned, to their independent learning.
- Applying addition and subtraction to practical activity.
- Ordering numerals to 20
- Recognising, naming and describing 2D and 3D shapes.
- Looking at measure and time.