Miss A Blake
EYFS Leader and Teacherab@avenue.wilts.sch.uk
The early years curriculum is based on learning through exploration and play. There are a number of ways you can help your child to learn and make good progress:
- Sharing and enjoying books together at home.
- Point out numbers and letters in your house and in your local area.
- Count at every opportunity - eg when walking up the stairs/counting out fruit in the shops.
- Talk to your child about the world around them and encourage them to ask questions.
- Ask your child what he / she has been doing in school.
- Spare underwear and socks (we sometimes get wet feet if we are playing outdoors in the puddles)
- Welly boots and puddle suits (please use warm waterproof jackets in the winter)
- Spare clothes
- Sun hats and suncream when the weather is warm and sunny
- Hats and gloves when the weather is cold
- Water bottle
- Lunch (if your child is staying for lunch)
- It is not necessary to provide a snack as the school will provide fruit each day in the morning and afternoon
- PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING
Additional links you may want to explore!
Fun listening games- Explore Phase One
Play Dough Recipe
Phonics clips on Alphablocks
Number Blocks clips
Singing and Signing
Julia Donaldson Animated Stories
Lots of creative ways to make learning fun (including chocolate play dough and other recipes)