Mrs K Savva
Year 4/5 Teacherks@avenue.wilts.sch.uk
- Please be on time for the arrival time slot and depart time slot for your child's class.
|Arrival Time||Depart time|
|Norway and Sweden||8:35am - 8:45am||2:45pm - 2:55pm|
|Russia and Finland||8:45am - 8:55am||2:55pm - 3:05pm|
- PE and Woodland Learning is on a Monday this term. Please come to school in the appropriate kit. The website has the uniform policy if needed. Norway and Sweden come to school in Woodland Learning kit. Russia and Finland come to school in PE kit. Please remember to bring additional kit and footwear in a bag.
- Please keep wellies and a coat in school as we will do our best to be outside on the field during breaks regardless of the weather.
- Children must bring a water bottle with a sports top to school. This must be water and not squash.
- For snack time, only fruits or vegetables are permitted.
This term we will be focusing on 'Celebrations' as our topic. We are celebrating being back at school. We will look at our food and where it comes from. In addition, we will be focusing on Remembrance Day and the reasons for why we celebrate it. This will link to a mini World War 1 topic. Finally, we will also look at religious celebrations from around the world linked to light.
To begin with, our main priority is ensuring that the children feel happy and safe being back at school. We have been carrying out PSHE work to support the children. Alongside this, we have been looking at the core skills in Maths and English as we implement a catch up program to enable the children to reach their full potential.
Should the situation occur where children are unable to attend a school setting but are well enough to do the work, a remote curriculum will be available to them.
12th October - Flu Immunisations
20th October - Parents Evening - format TBC
21st October - Last day of Term 1
2nd November - Start of Term 2
13th November - Children in Need day
16th November - Anti-Bullying Week
18th December - End of Term 2