Resource Base Leadhn@avenue.wilts.sch.uk
France Class Teacher
RE Subject Lead
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Our Teaching Assistants are:
We are all looking forward to another busy year. Mrs. Woodyatt left us at the end of last year, but we welcome Mrs. Morgan in the mornings and Mrs. Fox in the afternoons. Both have been working in our Early Years team across Reception and Nursery.
Our topic this term is 'Cock-a-doodle-doo!' and will focus on the farm. We shall be exploring farmyards and animals and even making our own set of udders to practise milking! We are also hoping to arrange at least one visit to a working farm this term so please look out for more information in the coming weeks.
Mrs. Norris will be working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday this year. If you have anything urgent to share with school on a Thursday then please speak to Miss. Hackeson in Germany class.
Literacy: Phonics and mark-making will be our priority throughout the year. We will also be sending home reading books regularly. We would like parents to hear their child read at least 4 times a week. Parents sharing books and listening to their child read makes a huge difference to the progress they make.
Maths: We will be counting regularly throughout the year, particular to 20, then 100 and beyond and then in steps of 2, 5 and 10s. Regualr practise of this at home will support your children's progress in maths greatly. We will continue to provide children with opportunities to use their maths skills in their play. We will have a focus on calculation, measurement and 2D and 3D shapes.
At home it would be helpful to use chalks, foam, dried rice, rainbow writing, water and a paintbrush on the walls outside to practise number formation. The children know rhymes to support thier number formation - ask them to tell you!
- Term 1 Dates: Wednesday 5th September - Tuesday 23rd October (Wednesday 24th October will be an teacher training day).
- Wednesday 12th September - Meet the Teacher (3.30pm; 4.00pm; 6.00pm; 6.30pm)
- Friday 5th October - RE Day in France class
- Monday 22nd October - Key Stage 1 VIP tea with Miss. Thomas
- Tuesday 23rd October - Parents Evening
- Term 2 Dates: Monday 5th November - Friday 21st December
- Please ensure that your child is in school on time. The beginning of the day is an important settling in time.
- Please ensure that your child's PE kit is in school for the beginning of term (white t-shirt, black or navy shorts and daps/trainers). Our PE day is on Tuesday and Friday. PE kits will be sent home at the end of term for washing.
- If you listen to your child PLEASE make sure you record this in their home/school reading record. We can then keep track of reading for the school's reading reward scheme.
- 100% attendance - children who attend school every session of each week will receive a 100% attendance sticker on Friday. If children manage to attend every day for a whole term then they will receive an additional reward.
- Sickness is unforeseen and unavoidable but we encourage you to bring your child into school if they are well enough. Coughs and colds can be managed in school and you should attempt to bring your child in. If we think they are too unwell to be in school then we will contact you. If your child has an attack of diarrhea or vomiting then you advised to keep your child off of school until 48 hours after their last episode.