Year 1 and 2 Class Teacher
There any amazing websites available for the children to practise and develop their Maths Skills.
The login for 10ticks is in your child's Home School Diary - this will work on a computer, laptop and/or a tablet.
The login for Purple Mash has been sent out in letter form and has been put into the diaries of children who have attended school on Thursday 19th March.
Twinkl.co.uk have lots of great resources for you to download and print https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents
BBC Bitesize for KS1 has great videos and interactive games they can use.
Subjects you can explore are:
- Addition and subtraction up to 100
- Multiplication and division (0,1,2,5,10)
- Telling the time (o'clock, half past, quarter to, quarter past, 5 minute intervals).
- Measurement (capacity, length, weight, money)
- 2D and 3D shapes
- Position and Direction
- Fractions of shape and numbers (1/2, 1/4, 1/3, 3/4 and 2/4 equivalence)
Writing and Reading
This year we have explored many different styles of writing. These have included:
-Non fiction report writing
-Recounts including news articles and diaries
Please explore these different styles of writing with your children.
Children should continue to read books often and be questioned to help them develop their comprehension of the text. We hope their love of reading continues!
Phonics Play - Year 1 and 2 will have free access to Phonics Play website (www.phonicsplay.co.uk) and use the username: march20 password: home
Year 1 to focus on Phase 3, 4 and 5
Year 2 to focus on Phase 5 and 6
During Term 5 & 6 we aim to:
- Create research projects linked to the basic needs of animals and humans (air, water, food and shelter).
- Identify and body parts and how we use our senses to understand the world we live in .
- Understand the terms carnivore, herbivore and omnivore.
- Identify, name, describe and compare a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Recognise that animals have offspring that grow.
- Describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.
This can be shown in many fun and exciting ways! Experiments, outdoor activities, posters, research on a tablet or laptop etc.
Hope you have lots of scientific fun!
Visit BBC Bitesize for lots of great online resources: