Miss D Haledh@avenue.wilts.sch.uk
Welcome to Year 6 - Norway Class.
If you need to see me or your child's set teacher then please arrange a meeting with them via email or through the office. Before school is usually very busy and we want to ensure that we have sufficient time to discuss any concerns.
This year we will be setting for Maths. Year 6 will be taught by either Miss Woffenden and Mrs Craddock or Miss Hale and Mrs Sykes. There will be a new focus every week and children will be set homework by their maths teacher.
This year we will be setting for Literacy. Year 6 will be taught by Miss Woffenden and Mrs Kilminster. Year 5 will be split between Miss Hale and Mrs Hopkins.
Please encourage your child to read to themselves at home every day.
Your child will receive homework every Friday and it is due in on the following Wednesday. All children will also have spellings to learn weekly which will be tested on a Wednesday. They are expected to return their completed spelling sheet.
PE kits need to be in school every day. These needs to consist of: black or navy shorts/jogging bottoms, white t-shirt or house t-shirt, trainers and hoodie if needed. Your child will have PE on Wednesdays and Fridays.
For these sessions children will need old clothes consisting of: long trousers, long sleeved top, a warm waterproof coat and wellington boots. The children will get dirty in these sessions. This term woodland learning will be on Wednesday.
Dates for the diary:
Wednesday 11th September - Meet The Teacher
- Saturday 28th September - Friends Family Fun Day
- Wednesday 16th September - Open Morning
- Tuesday 22nd October - Parents Evening
- Tuesday 22nd October - End of Term 1
- Wednesday 23rd October - TD Day.
- Thursday 31st October - Apply for Secondary application.
- Monday 4th November- Term 2 starts.
- Thursday 7th November- Fleet Air Arm
- Thursday 14th November- Open Morning
- Thursday 19th December - Class Christmas Parties
- Friday 20th December - End of Term 2