Mrs S Hopkins
Year 5/6 Teachershs@avenue.wilts.sch.uk
Head of Willow House
This year we will be setting for Maths. Year 6 will be taught by Miss Woffenden and Mrs Kilminster. Year 5 will be split between Miss Hale and Mrs Hopkins. There will be a new focus every week and children will be set homework by their maths teacher.
This year we will be setting for Literacy. Year 6 will be taught by Miss Woffenden and Mrs Kilminster. Year 5 will be split between Miss Hale and Mrs Hopkins.
Please encourage your child to read to themselves at home every day. They will then need to write a brief description on what they have read in their reading diary. Please can you sign this at the end of the week to confirm they have read. Your child is expected to read 6 times over the course of the week.
PE kits need to be in school every day. These needs to consist of: black or navy shorts/jogging bottoms, white t-shirt or house t-shirt, trainers and hoodie if needed. Your child will have PE on Monday
For these sessions children will need old clothes consisting of: long trousers, long sleeved top, a warm waterproof coat and wellington boots. The children will get dirty in these sessions. This term woodland learning will be on Monday.
- Monday 25th February - Start of Term 4
- Tuesday 26th February - Y5 start swimming.
- Friday 1st March - Mufti Day.
- Thursday 7th March - World Book Day.
- W.C 11th March - Science Week.
- Friday 15th March - Red Nose Day.
- Tuesday 26th March - No Swimming.
- Thursday 4th April - Parents Evening
- Thursday 4th March - End of Term 4.