USA Class Teacher
- Sharing and enjoying books together at home.
- Point out numbers and letters in your house and in your local area.
- count at every opportunity - eg when walking up the stairs/counting out fruit in the shops.
- Talk to your child about the world around them and encourage them to ask questions.
- Ask your child what he / she has been doing in school.
09:00 – 09:30 - Phonics - using the letters and sounds YouTube videos.
09:30 – 12:00 – Activity Time – Choose one activity from the activity pack.
12:00-12:30 – Lunch
12:30 – 14:00 – Small group work /reading and letter formation – From 07.01.21 children will be invited on teams to small group sessions. Whilst waiting for your child’s team meeting this is a great opportunity to read with your child and practise their letter formation.
14:00-15:00 - Activity Time – Choose one activity from the activity pack.
15:00-15:15 – Story time – enjoy a story with your child.
Some great websites to explore with your child!
Barefoot Computational Thinking (it's easier than it sounds!)
Phonics Play Decodable Comics Phase 2 and Phase
Phonics games Phase 2 and Phase 3
play Dough Recipe
Phonics clips on Alphablocks
Number Blocks clips
Singing and Signing
Julia Donaldson Animated Stories