Bad Weather Provision
We try our utmost to keep our school open when it snows but sometimes we have to close.
How will I know what to do if it is snowing in the morning?
- An announcement will be placed on this school website.
- A text message will be sent to parents to say that the school is closed.
- Announcements will be made on BBC Wiltshire – there will also be a statement on their website.
We only make announcements if we are going to close.
If you do not receive a text or we are not included on the BBC Wiltshire list, the school will be open. We only make announcements if we are going to close.
School Grounds - Gritting Policy
Please take note of our policy for gritting the pedestrian areas of our school during icy conditions.
Areas to be gritted
- A pathway from front gate to the school office entrance
- A pathway from school entrance to main playground gates
- A pathway from the school entrance to small playground/breakfast/afterschool club
- The playgrounds
- The rear pathway between playgrounds
- The kitchen steps
Areas NOT gritted
- Car parks
- The Avenue – please also be aware that this road is not on the route covered by Wiltshire Council’s gritters
Person responsible for laying grit
- Cleaner in Charge
When to grit
- Ice or below freezing weather conditions or forecast of this
- Snow forecast
- The headteacher will decide whether or not to clear snow after assessing the conditions