In January 2023, we were inspected by Ofsted and were pleased to retain our 'Good' rating.
The inspection found that The Avenue is a fully inclusive school, where everyone is respected and treated fairly. Our pupils enjoy learning and are aware of the high expectations we have for their behaviour.
Here are some additional comments from the report:
- Expectations for how pupils behave are high
- Children in the Nursery have a strong start to school life
- The curriculum is well planned and sequenced
- There are appropriate systems in place to identify pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- In the Resource Base classes, staff create a personalised curriculum to meet the needs of all pupils
- Pupils relish the chance to become a representative in the school
- Pupils talk positively about the range of clubs they can attend and the ways they can represent their school
- Older pupils discuss mature themes from the personal, social and health curriculum in a sensible and articulate way
- Everyone has a clear understanding of their responsibility for pupils’ safety and wellbeing
- Pupils are taught how to be safe in a number of ways and can name a trusted adult to talk to when they are worried
Ofsted Parent View
You can also view what our Parents say about us by visiting the Ofsted Parent View website. If you are a parent you are also able to share your views.