About Our School
The Avenue Primary School & Children’s Centre is situated in the centre of the market town of Warminster and is proud to be part of The Acorn Education Trust. We provide excellent education for children from 3 to 11 years of age. Our school is within walking distance of most parts of Warminster, including Battlesbury Barracks. Right in front of our school are two public car parks, one of which is free of charge, should this be needed for families travelling from further afield.
Our school is a friendly and exciting place to learn. Our children are at the heart of everything we do and our aim is to nurture and develop every individual, both socially and academically. We want our children to leave The Avenue Primary School & Children’s Centre as confident, independent young people ready personally and academically for secondary school. Academically our children achieve well and make good progress and this has been the case for many years now.
On our site, we are fortunate to have The Avenue Children’s Centre who are also part of The Acorn Education Trust and with whom we work very closely. The Avenue Children’s Centre provides child care for children from 3 months to 3 years as well as wrap around care for children from the school. The Avenue Children’s Centre run Breakfast Club from 7:45am and After School club until 6pm every day; they also run a holiday club every holiday except Christmas. The close partnership between The Avenue Primary School & The Avenue Children’s Centre means, between us, we are able to offer provision on our site for children from 3 months to 11 years from 7:45am until 6pm, 50 weeks of the year.
We also have a Complex Needs Resource Base on our site. Children who attend the Resource Base are placed with us by Wiltshire Council. However, the Resource Base is very much part of our school and an area we are immensely proud of. Children in our Resource Base receive specialized teaching as well as being fully integrated into school life.
We have a good reputation in the local area and pupils come to our school from Warminster, Westbury, Frome and other local villages. We have a diverse range of pupils including approximately 45% from military backgrounds – if you are a military family, please view the specific military information on our military page.
We regularly welcome new families to our school community. If you are moving to the area, or looking for a new school for your child, please get in touch with the school office.
We are proud of our school uniform and ask all parents to support us in this. Our uniform consists of:
- Royal blue sweatshirt (with Avenue Primary School logo) or royal blue cardigan (required - purchased at Scholars uniform shop, Warminster)
- Grey or black trousers (long or short) (required - available in many retailers)
- Grey or black skirt or tunic (required - available in many retailers)
- White shirt or white polo shirt (required - available in many retailers)
- Plain grey or white socks or tights (required - available in many retailers)
- Black shoes (no trainers or boots – except in extreme weather) (required - available in many retailers)
- In summer, girls can wear blue/white gingham dresses (optional)
- In summer, children can wear sandals with a covered toe and strapped to the foot in black, white or brown (optional)
- Book bag (optional - purchased at Scholars uniform shop, Warminster)
- Navy blue or black shorts (required - available in many retailers)
- White T-shirt /polo shirt (required - available in many retailers) (PE T-shirts with house names are available at the school office)
- Black elasticated plimsolls and/or trainers (required - available in many retailers) (velcro style are easier for younger children)
- Dark coloured tracksuit for winter months. (optional)